I could have called this post New Years Resolutions for Your Dog. Here goes.
I can teach Sinatra just about anything but Mr. Beans is another matter. So based on what Mr. Beans has learned so far, here are the ten easiest tricks for your dog to learn.
- Sit – This is one every dog seems to be able to learn. Once when I was at my mother in law, I told her “Sit down and I will do the dishes”. All my dogs automatically sat down.
- Down – my dog Captain would lie down whenever he had a chance. He didn’t have to be told!
- Paw – I’m almost hesistant to show that one because one of my dogs was so pesky with that command that I almost had to “unteach” him.
- Go around. Just lead the dog with a treat around you. In no time he will know this one.
- Go through. Lead the dog through your legs once or twice and he’ll catch on soon enough.
- Beg. This one is easy to teach because you can lead the dog by the nose to a “beg” position.
- Roll. I never thought I could teach this one to Bean but I just gave him a little shove to push him over a couple of times and wham he caught on.
- Come – a very important one for the dog to learn. First he has to sit and stay…but they sure love to come for the treat.
- Scoot (go through your legs backwards). Beans knows this way better than Sinatra and I call him my best Scooter. He really loves doing this trick.
- Bark. Easiest trick in the book.
Have fun folks.